Notes from Hospital



I learnt to be grateful on 4 things that I used to take for granted from hospital ministry

1. Eat
2. Drink
3. Passing urine
4. Passing motion

Those are the very first thing that doctor will ask every patient on the hospital bed in the morning

Those are the sign that the body still functioning well

Those are not important things for me *sigh


Most of the times…
I need nice clothes on my body
I want fabulous make up on my face
I need stunning shoes of my feet
I need awesome necklace on my neck
I need cute earrings on my ears
Or some good achievement

… to makes me feels good


Most of the times…
I’m not grateful for having the ability to pass urine
Passing motion seems like waste of time
Eating become tiring when I never lost weight
Drinking is just another routine


The uncounted hospital trips change me somehow

Now… I take time to say thank you every time I pass urine

Now… I whisper “thank you Jesus” every time I’m able to pass motion

Instead of anxious with the healthy food rules…
I’m more grateful for every food on my plate

Instead of rushing to fulfil the needs of my body…
I take time to pause and enjoy the moment how my body reacting very nice in the water that I drink

I found the rich of joy in the small little things 
I’m grateful for extraordinary in the invisible things


Those small & short grateful & thankful things help me open another list of great things that I take for granted in life…

. having a roof over my head
. water to bath
. hands and feet that functioning well
. mistake that I made
. bed for my body to rest well
. and the list continue

Once a while…
Instead of letting my mind fills with anxiety for this and that
…I take pause and be grateful for those things


Instead of occupying my mind evaluating somebody’s life
…I take time to count my blessing and be thankful for it


Instead of worrying about what will I have in the future
…I thank God for whatever I have NOW


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Housewife Vs. Working Woman

Surprise di awal tahun