My First Trophy

Katong Toastmasters Club is the pool of great speakers!

a Singapore senior journalist
a Marketing Director of well-known company
an English educated person
some of them working in finance companies
some of them are native speakers
......
all of them use high level of English
......

i joined this club more than 1 year and my productivity as low as my confidence to speak...hahahahaha...only about to reach P6 !...i swim as a housewife in the pool of expert people...i feel like i don't want to move at all...hahahahaha

through all my 5 projects i just won once for the Best Speaker ribbon

all of them come to deliver the speech
i come to deliver the food

all of them come to talk
i come to listen

all of them come for trophy
i come for the food

the aircon makes my body freezing
their speech frozen my brain

basicly...
i love to come to deliver the food as most of like and always praising the food
i love to come to listen and through the years my ability to listen became stronger

surprisingly...that speech as responding to the Table Topic Contest with a title “We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.” by Mother Theresa...gave me Trophy!

that day...
. i didn't comb my hair
. i put anyhow dress
. i was sick actually

as i plan to run away from this meeting but my friend caught me last mins and insist i can't withdraw from the competition last mins

I fail many times in the conventional meeting
and
for the first i join : the International Speech & Table Topic Contest
and i got the trophy *this must be a joke*

well...i guess the 'listening' have gave me something to speak out...hahaha

..........................
the real celebration is...
when i reached home and present to trophy to Torkis-Calvin-Rebecca
screaming. hugging. jumping. dancing
Calvin even hold the trophy tight and shaking unbelievable as this is the first trophy in our house
..........................

for me the real happiness not when i receive the trophy but when we celebrate as family...they knew many times i have to gave up toastmasters for them as they are my priority
 
 feeling loved.
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise di awal tahun

NO maid + no BS = ?

Siang & Malam