Language [continue...]

sawadee kaa ^_^

Yesteday I had a dinner with Torkis. We agreed to meet at orchard MRT.
When I reached that place I saw Torkis talking with a family. As I came closer to them I could see that they were asking for the street direction. They also brought along a map (spore map). After explaining to them for a while, Torkis gave up and he asked me to come with him to show them the bus stop. When we walked to the bus stop I could hear the family talked to one another and heeyy...They are Thais...

So I turned back and asked "r u from Thailand?" Only one of them can speak English She said, "yes...yes..." with thailish (Thai English) and I said "sawadee kaa!!!" (It's a thai greeting and when you say it you must fold your hand in front of your chest and bow down a little bit)
Then all of them greeted us…some said "sawadee kaa" (kaa is an expression for a woman to express a greeting) and "sawadee krap" (for a man), and I continued..."sa bai dee mai kaa?" (apa kabar? how are you?) They replied "sa bai dee" (baik2...i'm fine)

They were so surprised when i talked in thai...

After the bus arrived, It's time to say goodbye...They said "krap koon kaa/krap" (thank you with the same form of hand) and we replied "mai bpen rai kaa/krap" (ur welcome)

huuuaaa....it's nice to met Thai people...they are nice and always be like that...like their country's motto..
'Thailand..The Land of Smile'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise di awal tahun

NO maid + no BS = ?

Siang & Malam